Tuesday, March 25, 2008

If today my voting choice was between Mike Huckabee and Hillary Clinton...

Today (and today alone), I would vote for Huckabee.

Here is Huckabee (via James Fallows)and many others:

And one other thing I think we've gotta remember. As easy as it is for those of us who are white, to look back and say "That's a terrible statement!"...I grew up in a very segregated south. And I think that you have to cut some slack -- and I'm gonna be probably the only Conservative in America who's gonna say something like this, but I'm just tellin' you -- we've gotta cut some slack to people who grew up being called names, being told "you have to sit in the balcony when you go to the movie. You have to go to the back door to go into the restaurant. And you can't sit out there with everyone else. There's a separate waiting room in the doctor's office. Here's where you sit on the bus..."
And you know what? Sometimes people do have a chip on their shoulder and resentment. And you have to just say, I probably would too. I probably would too. In fact, I may have had more of a chip on my shoulder had it been me.


Here is Clinton:

"He [Wright] would not have been my pastor...you don't choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend."

What is more, as Tim Noah points out, she said this said this to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, a newspaper owned by Richard Mellon Scaife, who was, in Tim's phrase, the CEO of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy.

The thing that is particularly sad is that Senator Clinton knows better...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

David lindahl says that, if you want to get rich in no matter of time, then real estate investing would be the best way; inexorably when we think of real estate investing; we foresee a residential rental, either a unit or a house in fact, the real estate industry is much bigger than that.
Nevertheless, there are several things that will help you to make money in this particular field. David lindahl scam is one such great deal would be concentrate on different types of properties that are less conventional.