Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Leaks

I got to spend a year (July 2015-June 2016) working as a Senior Advisor at the Department of Housing and Urban Development.  I wasn't particularly high up in the pecking order, but I got to work with a number of people from HUD, Treasury and the White House who were.

Here's the thing (sorry for using a Sorkinism): all of these people--every, single, one--liked President Obama; were proud to work for President Obama.

Did they think he was perfect, or always made the correct decision?  Of course not.  But I have to say, in all the meetings in which I got to participate, there was reasoned deliberation, and comportment really mattered.  The atmosphere was professional and respectful.  And I think because of this, no one wanted to embarrass the president--certainly no one wanted to go out of his or her way to damage the president.

Just saying...

No comments: