Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Wonderful Piece that isn't quite a Warhorse (yet)

I sat down at the piano for the first time in a long time today, and I bulled my way through the first movement of the Schubert B-flat Sonata (the last one). It is surely not as well known as the famous Beethoven Sonatas (Moonlight, Appasionata, etc.), but it is surely as good. In fact, it is as satisfying a piece of piano music as any I know.

There have been some wonderful recordings of the piece: the last two by Rudolph Serkin and a 70s vintage recording by Alfred Brendal are my favorites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.

Unknown said...

Dave lindahl scam reports you have to make sure to protect the primary repairs and improvements that put the property in a situation customer in the area search for. Don't go crazy. Think twice about a costly restroom or kitchen area transform that will cost you more than you can regain on the resale.