Sunday, June 24, 2012

A thought for Amazon

If you buy a real book, you get the Kindle version for a nominal cost beyond the real book. This would encourage people to continue to buy real books, while at the same time allowing people not to lug them around while travelling. Given that the marginal cost of an e-book is near zero, this should be a profitable strategy. The margin on the real book remains, and a small margin is added for the e-book.  The bundling should encourage more sales.  The losses are from those who currently buy both versions, but I am guessing such buyers are small in number.


No charge, Jeff Bezos. And you're welcome. [Update: my friend Frank Yellin tells me this idea is often expressed in Kindle forums.]

5 comments:

Sonia said...

Need a "Like" a button on your blog so that I can agree with this.

felixshelsher said...

Amazon is the best way to sell and buy products and people can get many information from this kind of website.

Property Management

Rahul John said...

Logix Blossom Zest Noida has opened booking of residential apartments in Noida with a new Base Selling Price. Logix Flower Enjoyment Noida is located in Sector-143 of Noida.

jes said...

They really need to implement this. I've bought a few books for Kindle that I wish I had in paper. I would gladly have paid a small upgrade to have both versions. Do you think they're worried about people keeping the electronic version and then re-selling the paper one?

Unknown said...

I like your Post very Much I always search Best real estate information I have also one Real Estate Blog and want to share with you Logix Blossom Zest makes available variety of amazing and wonderful splendid luxuries within the property itself developing the way of way of way of lifestyle of its people easier and comfortable. The entire personal place of Logix Blossom Zest Noida is packed with rationally arranged garden such as amazing relaxing locations, rotating paths, amazing garden, structured lakes, tennis assess and child fresh veggies etc.