Monday, March 16, 2009

Fight on!

The hardest adjustment to joining the USC faculty has been learning to root for the football team. When I was a kid, I would root for the Trojans against Notre Dame, but otherwise I have been a Big Ten guy my whole life, and USC was just too good.

But it has been a great pleasure to root for the Trojan Basketball team in the PAC-10 Tournament; particularly sweet was the victory over UCLA, with which I will always associate the magnificent and insufferable Bill Walton.

I think USC is underseeded in the NCAAs, and I look forward to further surprises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"UCLA, with which I will always associate the magnificent and insufferable Bill Walton."

Because he breaks the Big Man Pecking Order Code, Ordinance 2257?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHQexCFJWM

Anonymous said...

Awww. Someday maybe you'll associate UCLA with some of your junior faculty, who are amongst your greatest fans. If you think you have trouble rooting for the Trojans, think how I feel!

Lisa (from down the hall)