Monday, March 01, 2010

Yet another study I wish I could do

I was listening to rap while driving down the 210 on Saturday. I don't listen to rap very often, but when I do, it is always while I am in the car. I notice that something always seems to happen when I do--my speed gets faster--sometimes much faster--and I need to slow down (because I do not wish to incriminate myself with the CHP, I will not get any more specific than that). On the other hand, when I listen to, say, Winton Marsalis, I seem to drive more slowly. I have noticed no clear pattern when I listen to news or classical.

So the study is--do people drive different speeds depending on what they are listening to in the car? It would be fun to test.

1 comment:

Don Coffin said...

That corresponds to my experience, but with different causal mechanisms. I drive faster to rock songs I like and slower to jazz...