Monday, July 28, 2008

New to the top of the reading list

I need to go get Rick Perlstein's Nixonland. It is not just that Brad Delong recommends it (and I think the most valuable service Brad Delong provides is reading recommendations--if only I could read as voluminously as he). I have long had something of a Nixon obsession. According to my parents, when I was one, during the Kennedy-Nixon debates, Nixon's presence on TV would make me cry. And then he went and died on my birthday in the city where I was born.

I have read a lot of Nixon books--I think Wills' Nixon Agonistes is my favorite to this point. But I need to read Perlstein.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave lindahl scam review that the real estate investment that involves purchasing a less comfort property, well enhance its value through physical updates and then promote it at a higher rate than the purchase rate can fill your pocket tremendously.